Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Small Group Ever!

Words cannot express how amazing God is!
Even though today was my first small group ever, even though numbers weren't that high, and even though I had no idea what I was doing... God was in the midst of us. He brought two EAs. I don't know if they're just checking it out or what not, but I'm really glad that they came. I was nervous at first, but I wasn't nervous anymore when we got to share and learn more about each other. I had no reason to be nervous because it's not me that's trying to impress, it's God that will move in this small group.

Today's activities were simple.. do a 5 finger ice breaker, talk about our vision, and write a letter to God.

Even though not much was planned, the timing was perfect, and everything flowed. We were able to be open with each other and to be REAL. For some reason, I can't stand fakeness.. so I'm really glad to have the people who came out come out.

We got to share about:
  (thumb) = what's Good about us, our strengths
  (index) = where our direction is heading, our goals and ambitions
  (middle) = our pet peeves
  (ring) = our commitments
  (pinky) = our weaknesses
I don't really know what this activity is called, but Kristen learned this when she was on missions in East Asia. Whatever it's called, it's a really good ice breaker. 

I pray, that as the quarter goes on, God will bring rawness and intimacy to our small group. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment