Sunday, October 31, 2010

Newsong All Church Retreat!

Who would have thought that I would go to an all church retreat with a church that's not my home home church? Knowing that I go to Newsong church when I'm away from my home church makes me think/ feel that Newsong is just a substitute church. But! my mentality has changed. Newsong is a family church. No matter if you're a guest or a long-timer, Newsong treats everyone like a family. And so, family/ community was the theme of the retreat this weekend.  

Murieta Calvary Chapel Resort and Bible school is so beautiful and relaxing. The best part was being able to sit in the hot springs after an hour or two worth of baby sitting. Oh!.. So I signed up as a childcare volunteer at retreat, knowing that I'd baby sit, but not knowing that I'd actually be the leader/ teacher for 8 year old kids. I think I was scared of the children than they were of me! I've never taught twelve 8-year olds before and man on man! It was kind of hard to be the bossy bully. But! It was a great experience because I came out with lots of tiny friends, the knowledge of being a better parent, and a voiceless voice. I lost my voice for sure.. 

Although serving takes sacrifice, I didn't really get to go the the sessions. I guess the childcare team had just enough volunteers to divide the age groups, but not enough to take shifts. God is good though. I learned a lot. And we got to relax in the hot springs for therapeutic relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment