Friday, November 19, 2010

Service Project:Skid Row!

I can't express how thankful I am with people who have stepped up and out of their comfort zones this Friday. It's been such a blessing to see so many willing and serving hearts go out to the Row.

There were little obstables along the way .. Like.. I had no idea we had to rent the Hub! I mean, I guess it made sense because it's not the Edge room anymore.. But I just assumed that it was ok last year, then it would be ok this year to just borrow the room for an hour to make sandwiches for the homeless. That was a minor lack of knowledge on my behalf.. Other minor things included Cue forgetting the table on which we usually serve the food. We ended up using two plastic garbage cans, flipped upside down and the back compartment of an Element car. BUT! God was and is Good for providing and for moving in our midst. 

P.s. Today I got to meet General Jeff! He's known as the Mayor of Skid Row. Once a hip-hop artist/rapper is now the Skid Row Resident Representative. I was SO honored to talk to the political voice of Skid Row!!

Despite the little let downs, Service project was a blessing not only to those who received the lunch bags, but also to the college students who went out. I'm glad that Friday was dedicated to serving. 

8 cars,
40 college students,
100+ sandwiches and lunch baggies,
150+ blessed homeless people,
1 God that's using the blessed to bless others.
(:





No comments:

Post a Comment