Saturday, January 22, 2011

Retreat Updates

A week passed and I now finally get to update about the Edge Retreat.

WHAT I came into Retreat with...
I came not really excited for retreat because it would be my 3rd time. I came with the heaviness of my dad still in my heart and with  relationship struggles every couple goes through. Most of all, I came with the notion that I want to Find God's LOVE so that I may be able to learn how to love like Him.

WHAT I got out of Retreat...
I'm not alone. Where I'm at presently, a few more girls may be there too. Beauty in the brokenness brings so many girls together. That's true community.

Parents are humans too. If we see our parents as parents, we tend to put them on a pedestal because they're older and because they know better. Every little mistake they do, we easily criticize, not thinking that we do the same mistakes too. If we see them as humans, we are more likely to sympathize and empathize for them. Parents aren't super heroes like we want them to be, but they aren't aliens either. They're like us, kids, just trapped in older bodies. 

Something that Nancy said, struck a chord in me. I realized that I don't have to try hard to love God. I don't have to try hard to win His love because He has always been here for me. He has never stopped loving me. I need to stop searching for His love and learn to be still.

My Radical small group!



No comments:

Post a Comment