Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer is not over yet!

So I didn't get a chance to write about yesterday, but I got to hang out with Kevin the whole night and day, and I got to hang out with my church friends the whole night. For lunch, Kevin and I had a picnic at a park near my house. We got to eat, enjoy nature, and be with each other. It was peaceful. At night I went to Crossroads again and met up with my church friends. Very chill day yesterday.

Today was an amazing day! What started out as a mere idea last night became a reality today. Kevin, my sister, Zam, Jonathan, Lisa, Kevin G., Alvin and I went kayaking!! Renting double kayaks from Paddle Power was so worth seeing God's wonderful creations!

Walking to the harbor that surrounds Lido
Island.
It was super foggy and cold; hence
the sweater.. Kevin can't swim; hence
the life jacket. haha!
Group shot of the people in the front
seat of the Kayak.


Group shot of the people in the back seat of the kayak.

We got to see Moon Jellyfishes! We literally kayaked over hundreds of them! It was like gliding over puffs of jelly! Amazing!

So hard to see, but there's one jellyfish
on the top right corner.

We also got to see Sea Lions! Up close too! They seem cute from afar, but up close.. They are soo ugly and scary looking! Their eyes are huge and black. Their bodies are massive, and their barks are sooo loud!

This is hard to see too.. but there are 3 seals
sitting on the ledge of the boat.
They are so scary! Apparently they are dangerous, aggressive
animals. Can't believe we were like a meter stick away!

Seeing God's wonderful creation was amazing today! Even though we didn't kayak very far, we had a blast racing each other and admiring all the cool creatures we came across. The last time I kayaked, I got super sore to the point that my arms scorched pain. This time, I'm guessing I won't be as sore because Kevin did post of the work. haha!

We treated ourselves with tacos from the taco truck at Fountain Valley. YUm!

I ate like 5 tacos!
Dessert, we got Taiwanese shaved ice at this place called Class 302 at Nogales. Super Yum!

I've never seen this before where the ice is actually flavored!
We got Mango Mochi ice and Green tea and Red beans.
so GOOOD!

Finally got home.. tired, somewhat darker... Hopefully not sore.. Great amazing day today! God is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment