Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chichester Cathedral and Arundel Castle

One day trip to see the west side of Sussex! Today was very chill, literally and figuratively. We had so much time to ourselves and it rained on and off.

Chichester is a small, but peaceful town where old people reside. There were a lot of old people and there was oldies music in the background. The cathedral, itself, was beautiful on the inside because there were stain glasses everywhere.

After Chichester, Arundel Castle was the next and last stop. The castle was fortress-y.. When my sister asked me if I'd rather live in a palace or a castle, I chose castle. For some reason, a castle feels more homey because of the grand library with a fireplace to curl next to. The curtains and the wooden decors .. It feels like a huge cottage.



The garden was BEAUTIFUL! Remember I mentioned something about wanting to see crop circles? Well I kind of saw one!.. Not really.. but it can look like one!
There were so many exotic flowers too. I would definitely choose a homey castle with a landscaped backyard over a overly grand palace.


It was fun playing in the mini forest too.

Today was fun and aesthetically pleasing. God is amazing for inventing castles and beautiful flowers! I thank God too for the rain and its timing. It always rained when I was indoors. GOD IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment