Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Time to Update!

I'm sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I came back from Paris on Sunday, but I wanted to catch up on studying for my midterm, which I had today.

First of all, the midterm was pretty easy. I'm not going to say much because I don't want to jinx it.. but I'll just say that I'm not too worried about it.

Updates of Paris, France! Even though I stayed there for 1 and a half days.. We got to see a lot of things.. but also we didn't get to see a lot of things. It's hard to explain.. it was a bitter sweet trip because I saw a lot, but didn't see enough of France. I saw the touristy parts, but I didn't experience the culture as much.

Here's an entry of my journal while I was in Paris, France.

August 6, 2010 Friday.
Paris, France.

It's night and we're just leaving to go to Paris, France. A bunch of us got on a coach and drove for however many hours we drove. I don't really remember because most of the time I was asleep or I felt the symptoms of car sickness. I remember see the coach drive onto a train though. It's weird because I'm hitching a ride on a coach, but the coach is hitching a ride on a train. lol. Funny.


I knocked out the whole ride there and woke up in Paris, France 7 in the morning.

August 7, 2010 Saturday
Whole day in Paris

The first half of the morning was spent on the coach because we just drove around the city to see the tourist sites. It wasn't until free time that my friends and I got to go and see the sites and actually take good pictures. Today was an amazing experience though. I got to see the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe Etoile, Musee de Louvre, and Notre Dame. We also went to Jardin du Luxembourg. So beautiful there!

Within the Louve I got to see famous artworks like Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa! I also saw a mummy!


I like being a UN student because I got to go to museums and everything for free. Cost of admission would have been 13 euros or more for a lot of the tourist sites. The Hotel that we stayed in was small and not in the city. Three people per room and a bathroom inside the room. We got to our Hotel at night, but as soon as we arrived we quickly bounced to see the Eiffel Tower at night. It was by far amazing! Though there were no night life as it was like in Spain, it was fun being out in Paris, France. We got to take pictures of the flashing Eiffel tower and we got to eat a late dinner. My first french food, which wasn't too uncommon. I ate French onion soup. Delicious because of the flavor and the warmth since the whole day was cold.

Today was a good day because I realized that there are nice people in France. I always thought that the French hated the Americans, that's why they would be mean to Americans. But going to Paris and meeting a lot of nice people was unexpected. One old man offered to take a group picture when we didn't even ask. Or locals would offer to show us directions when we didn't ask either. The waiter at the Castel cafe where we had dinner took and served the girls' orders first. There are a lot of good people here. Today was a great day to see the romantic city despite the weather... but One thing is missing .. My kevin! I'll come back with him next time.

August 8, 2010
Last day

Today was such a short day. We are to meet at a metro stop at 3:30 pm to go back to Brighton. That meant that the day is cut to half. There was not enough time to see everything! We went to Versailles to see the outside and to take pictures. There were soo many people there! It would have taken hours to just roam around Kind Louis XIV's palace.. so some of us split and went to Musee d'Orsay. I wanted to see Montemartre so badly, which is the highest point in Paris.. but I didn't get too because there was not enough time. Me and my sister and Phil got to the meeting point at a nick of time. If we were 5 minutes late.. we would have been left in Paris. Too short of a day. This was the bitter sweet day because I was looking forward to seeing Montemartre, but I didn't get to see it. I'll see it in the future though! I will! With Kevin!



All the bitter sweet experience on the short day made me feel bad because I grumbled about not having a productive day and not seeing the places I wanted to see.. But passing a freeway underpass with mattresses lined up made me feel ever so grateful for just having a place to sleep in. Seeing people sleeping on the mattresses under the freeway made me become thankful that at least I got the chance to travel around Europe and even with traveling I got a place to sleep. I'm really thankful for my mom and for God and for this opportunity.


That sums up my trip to Paris, France. It was long, but short at the same time. It was a bitter, but sweet experience.. but I know I'm coming back with that one special person, Kevin. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment