Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Home sweet Home.. for reals!

Back in California!

I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue to blog after I got back.. I started to blog, thinking that I can always go back to rereading my blog if I ever go back to Europe. Writing down the things I saw or the things I ate at a specific restaurant can be very helpful someday. Maybe 7 years from now, I can reread my blog and go back to Food for Friends to get afternoon tea or go back to the markets I went to. I also started blogging so that when people ask me what I did, I can just refer them to my blog instead of repeating myself over and over again.. Lazy, but it's so convenient and better because there are pictures to back up my stories.. Now that I'm back.. I don't want to easily give up blogging. I don't know what my blogs will look like now that I'm back, but we'll just see as life progresses. (:

Trip back home

From campus to London Gatwick airport, I had to walk to the Falmer train station, transfer to a different train at Brighton Station and then finally arrive at the airport. Getting to my departure gate was another long process. But with all the lugging of the luggages and the check in processes, God was always watching over us by letting us travel with friends and by letting us meet nice people. 5 in the morning, God already helped my sister and I by letting us travel with guy friends to help us carry luggages. At the check in desk, God let us meet a nice lady who suggested that we carry our duffel bags so we can safe money and avoid fees. In the airplane, God used a dad sitting across my sister and I to help us put our duffel bags in the upper compartment. God is good! The flight seemed short, and it was enjoyable to play the games they had with my sister on the airplane.

Walking down the escalators to see a handsome figure with a bouquet of flowers and Thomas with his bouquet of flowers was a lovely site to see! Kevin and Thomas picked my sister and I up from LAX. Oh how we missed the guys sooooo much!

The beautiful bouquet the boys gave.
They are a keeper!

We got home to find my whole family at home, even my brother was home, Came home and found good food too! I'm blessed to have family to come home to and food to enjoy. I thank God for always protecting and watching over us abroad. I love God!


Salt and pepper shrimp my mommy made. yum!
Now, I'm back home. My jetlag is not severe. I start to get sleepy around 8 o'clock, but I make myself sleep around 10 by not taking any naps and by being productive. I wake up around 7 in the mornings. It's not too bad, but I would like to make the habit of waking up early. Since I've been home, I've been able to spend time with my parents and spend time with my church friends. I've been eating a lot too! I lost about 3 pounds being abroad, but it will be easily gained back being here.

I'm so blessed and so grateful! It's good to be home. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment