Friday, August 20, 2010

Last 48 hours!

Moving into another transition is always hard to keep up with the blogging schedule. This past 48 hours have been exciting, memorable, and relaxing.

Let's start with Thursday. Thursday was the day of the final. I came into the final thinking it would be a breeze just like the final in first session.. but I was wrong. It was hard, but fair. The test was trickier and harder because the concepts were a lot harder in the second session than in the first. Anyways with the test! It's over!

I celebrated by playing badminton to de-stress. I think I played for 3 hours. There were 5 of us who played and so there was always one left out. It was my turn to sit out when a group of 3 people asked me to play with them. Big mistake? No! It was really fun playing with the pros! You get better by playing with better people and, man oh man, these people were good. I'm just glad that they invited me to play with them. I was surprised that I actually kept up with them too.

Thursday night. There was a farewell gathering for the summer Sussex students. Free food and free drinks. Everyone was invited including the professor and the TAs. The food was alright.. I ate a lot though. Like 10 mini sausages, 5 mini sandwiches, fish and chips, and 3 ice cream cups. I'm always famished after a good match of badminton.

Thursday night night.. So.. I met a lot of people (mostly girls) that I normally would not hang out with. Let's say these are people who really like parties and their alcohol. I played beer pong with them. Don't worry. I didn't drink. I just played beer pong for the first time. It's fun and I was pretty good for a beginner, but it's something that I wouldn't do often. I just imagine it being like a carnival game, not a drinking game. But yeah, being in that environment makes me see in different perspectives. I think that it's interesting to hang out with people that are different from me because I feel like I can be in the world, but not of the world.. Idk if that makes sense.. Interacting with people that are different from me made me reflect everything that Dave Gibbons wrote in Monkey and the Fish about being third culture..

Friday! Last day!
Today was very chill. We (my sister, Phil, and new friend, Jason) went to town for the last time. To sum up the time in town, we went to Primark and shopped some more! We went to Food for Friends to get afternoon tea for the last time, and we walked around Brighton Pier. Even though it doesn't seem much, the places we went, we took our precious time. Today was a day to absorb Brighton and to etch it in our memories. Very peaceful.

Friday night. Nothing to do. Everything is packed. The room is empty. The hallways are empty. When will I ever have a sink it my room again? It's a bitter sweet ending that it's the end of a great adventure, but a sweet beginning of reunion with our loved ones. We (My sister, phil, new friend, Jason, and the girls I meet the night before) spent the last night watching a movie called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and looking at funny youtube videos. The movie was interesting, the crowd was interesting. I'm glad to go home to familiarity and my love, Kevin. (:

Goodbye Brighton. Hello California.

No comments:

Post a Comment