Friday, July 30, 2010

Almost done updating with Spain

Hola! Today was an ordinary Friday.. So glad that there is no class on Fridays! Today was very chill. I hand washed some of my clothes to lessen the load. Laundry is expensive here.. 3 pounds per load! So I figured I'd try to save and wash the easy ones by hand. All that's left are jeans, jackets, and towels.

I played badminton and ping pong too. My sister and I made chicken curry with rice! Yum! Lastly, I watched The Prestige.

ok now onto the last day in Spain.

Last day. July 27,2010

Woke up pretty late considering we got back really early last night. It's probably all the exhaustion building up. We checked out of the Nest Hostel, but put our luggages in the luggage room. Our flight back to Brighton is not until 11 at night. So we walked around in LaRambla again and bought souvenirs. Leather is what Spain is known for so I got some leather souvenir for a special someone. We also walked around markets too.



We went to the Picasso Museum afterwards. It's interesting how Picasso transitioned his artwork from realistic paintings to weird cubism. Starved after walking a lot.. so we ate at Pans & Company , which is like the Spanish fast food restaurant.



We walked to La Rambla del Mar and sat around til 7ish. We head to the hostel to get our luggages and headed to the airport.


Our 10:50 flight with easyjet arrived to London Gatwick at 12:20 am. I got to Brighton around 2 am. It wasn't until 3 am that we got to go on the bus to go to the campus. I made it back to my room close to 4 in the morning, the same day as class for summer session 2 begins. I'm not going to class. Need sleep.

Here's a video clip of a night in Barcelona.
My sister took the video.


Finally done with the Spain update. Sorry it's boring and not as vivid with details. But I'm really glad that I went to Spain. I got to experience true traveling and a refreshing culture. I'm going to go back someday with my special bf, Kevin! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment