Sunday, July 18, 2010

I love Sundays!

Even though I woke up with snot clogging my nostrils.. today was a wonderful day! This may sound disgusting, but I like the feeling of blowing my nose in the morning when I'm sick. I like to look at the green glob in the tissue. It's a sign that I'm slowly getting better. (:

Church was lovely today. My sister and I went to the 10:30 service where the congregation is mostly made up of familys and old people. I love the church! They have children performances before the actual worship and sermon. And then the worship is amazing because they play songs that remind me of Newsong.

.
The band.

The sermon was good today. It was about Living in the Word in which I have to prioritize my relationship with God. I have to make space to listen, I have to be part of the story, and I have to expect to change. Lastly, I have to have something to offer for the Kingdom of God. From today's sermon, I realized that I'm a lukewarm Christian. I go to church and I try to live out my faith.. but it's not necessarily reading the Bible everyday. It's hard to keep up the good habit of reading the Bible everyday, but I'm going to try because I don't want to be Lukewarm anymore.

After the service, my sister and I got to meet people from the band. They're pretty cool and hip. They're my age. Sometimes I forget that I'm 20. I think I look much younger because everyone at church kept asking me how old I was. They always respond with a surprised look.

My sister and I ran errands after church. I got this cold medicine that looks awfully green and thick. It tasted awful too. The old retailer told me to avoid dairy products and to drink lots of fluid. I don't know how dairy products can worsen my cold. lol.


My sister thought it was funny to take a picture of me.
I guess it was handy so I can show how awful
the medicine tasted. Look at the greenness of the
leftover medicine. And that's the leftover! Imagine the
whole cup!

Oh! My sister and I made fried rice! Yum!


Yummy rice! I miss rice!

The rest of the day, I took the time to study and to rest a lot. Hopefully I get better by this upcoming week because 1) I have a final and 2) I'm going to go Spain! All I need is prayer, lots of rest, and more of the green medicine and I'll be A OKAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment