Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lovely Day!

What started out as a gloomy day turned out to be a lovely Sunday. Today was my first day that I got to experience England's weather. Since I've been here, it's been hot. Even our professor thanked us for bringing the sun with us. haha! But the rain did not stop me and a bunch of us from going to church.

Church was touching and amazing! I don't know if it was the stained glass effect, or the kneeling down when taking communion thing, or just God's presence. Everything shook me to the core and made me realize again that God is magnificent!


The outside and inside of the church looked traditional and old. From the
outside, the church looked vacant because of construction work, but
in the inside, I felt God's loving presence. I want to go back next Sunday!

The sermon corresponded to what I was going through too. The preacher, who sort of reminded me of Dave Gibbons because of his style of preaching, talked about stepping out of our comfort zone. He said that courage is found in community and courage is found in CHRIST. I've come to realize that myself because I couldn't or wouldn't have planned to go to Spain and planned to live in hostels without my friends and especially without my trust in God. But God is good because through the sermon, I learned that I'm blessed to have the group of friends I'm traveling with and I, most of all, am blessed that God is always with us. Oh! Did I mention that they have a band that plays Hillsong songs! This church totally reminded me of Newsong! Thanks Angela for recommending this church! I Like it!

After the sermon, tea, coffee, and pastries were served. There was this old man who approached my sister and I, asking if we came from Hong Kong! haha. He was a cute old man, talkative because he told his life's stories to us and jolly because he resounded God in him. Stormin' Norman is what people called him. Stormin' because he told us a story of when he danced the night away to show off to the younger generation what dancing really was. He told us that he lived in soo many places, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Missouri, and South Africa. He told us he tried to sign up for the war last year so that he can be a pilot because he still enjoys flying. He's like 90 years old, trying to enlist himself in the navy! And! he told us about his wife, how they've been married for 60 years, and how she's his world. Sorry, but one more thing.. He whipped out his wallet to show pictures of when he and his wife were young! I like how old people actually carry pictures in their wallets. Now and days, I would take out my cell phone to show a digital picture. haha. He's a cute old man.

Since we bought a day bus pass, we decided to go to the groceries today too. So there's a store here that is equivalent to Walmart in America. It's called Asda. SOO many cheap stuff! I like shopping cheap!


We're so touristy for taking a picture in front of the super market!

Viva La Red Fury!!
I watched the final game of World Cup! Spain vs. Holland. It was such an intense game! The first quarter, a bunch of us went to the pub, but it was soo crowded that we stood up the whole first quarter. The second quarter, we ended up sitting what seemed like a teacher's lounge. So many old people were there. The score was 0-0 up until the last 10 minutes of the overtime. Until Spain made a goal! and guess what? I didn't see the replay because one of the old people, an old lady, kept talking to me about some American comedian! Man, Orang tua omong terus! That means the old person kept talking. The Old lady kept talking the whole entire game and made me miss the replay of Spain's goal! Oh well. The old lady was cute too. Good game, good game! Paul the octopus won't be sashimi! Good day overall! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment