Friday, July 9, 2010

Intense planning!

Two weeks down and 6 more to go! Wow! Being here is kind of slow, but thinking about it.. 2 weeks already passed. I'm really blessed that I got the opportunity to travel to England to study and to learn different cultures. I'm so lucky to have a twin sister to travel with because traveling is less scary with a familiar face to make me feel like I'm at home.

I don't think I'm quiet homesick yet.. but I do miss Kevin and I do miss the cheap prices in the U.S. and I definitely do miss the food there. Something that I know I don't see in the states and I see here, is the fact that the locals really enjoy parks. The parks here are always sat on and full with people eating their lunches, or getting drunk, or just talking on the phone. It's like kindergarten all over again, but with old people sitting on the grass, eating their sack lunches. Over here the seagulls are fierce! They are not afraid to snatch food right out of your hand! And the rate at which bird poos is phenomenal. All my friends have been pooed on!

Look at it! It's like it's ready to attack!

Today was a chill, but productive day. I played some more badminton. Yay for endorphins! The majority of the night, I stayed up to plan for the upcoming weekends. 7 people were crammed into one room. People got on peoples nerves, the room got super stuffy, and a lot of money was spent to figure out everything. BUT! It's worth all this because we get to travel! It took 7 hours to look for flights to Madrid and Barcelona, and to look for hostels to live in. With all this hard work.. the plans are set. We're going to Spain in two weeks! Honestly, I'm scared to death what will happen or how things will turn up.. But because I have great friends and a sister to be with me.. I think everything is going to be ok. I have a great God that will always watch over me too. :)
7 of us planning trips for the next several weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment