Thursday, July 1, 2010

Weekend already?

School here runs from Monday through Thursday. So every week is a three day weekend!

Since I've been here, I've come across r@nD0m things. I saw a police car that had 'Police' spelled backwards on the hood of the car. I guess the officers like to read it when they're in the car. haha! Other things included:

A random sign i found funny. I think humps are
bumps. It's a bumped crossing. haha.
A statue with a traffic cone on it. ha!
It's either a really good prank
or a really weird artwork.
A car covered with grass! Going Green to the max!

Today was a pretty chill day. I had morning classes and I got to skype with my mom! :)
Dinner! Was the best meal I've had since being here. We ate Japanese food! It was the bomb!
1) Looks like there's a hand grabbing at my food. lol
2) The crew, Amanda, my sis, me, Sally, Iris, and Phil,
at Pompoko in North Laine!
3) The tori chili don was delicious! Everything was 5 pounds or less.
Not bad!

Thursdays are know for their night life. People here go all out to get drunk, to party, and to club. Today I had the experience to take part in the night life. Mom and Kevin, if you're reading this.. Don't worry! Just keep reading. :}

So I went to three pubs and a club, an event called 'Pub tour.' I got to order my first drinks ever! I tried '___ on the beach' (you can fill in the blanks), I tried pimm, and Ice Smirnoff. I tired a couple of sips of different beers too. Don't worry, I didn't go wild! I don't think I got even buzzed. Drinking to socialize is ok for me, but to get drunk is dumb. So it's all good. After the 3 pubs, we went to a sea side club called 'the honeyclub brighton.' Dancing is fun, but clubbing is not my scene. This was all to experience the night life. I've experience enough to know that I'm just not into that stuff. So no worries. :P

The Mash was one of the pubs I went to.
Thursday nights are about the only night everything stays open late.
Great for midnight snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment